It baffles me at how there are so many Catholics who actually claim to be pro-choice.
Do they not see the oxymoron in that statement? This weird phenomenon of ‘pro-choice Catholics’ is a classic case of liberalism gone mad.
Being pro-choice is completely against Catholic and Biblical teaching, and one cannot be BOTH Catholic and pro-choice.
There is actually an organization called, Catholics For Choice – Yup, you heard that right!
Here is their mission statement:
Catholics for Choice believes in a world where everyone has equal access to the full range of reproductive healthcare services – including access to safe and legal abortion services and affordable and reliable forms of contraception. CFC works to change the conversation regarding sexual and reproductive rights to one where the individual conscience of each person is recognized as the keystone of moral decision making.
This is completely ridiculous and mind-boggling. There is no such thing as a safe abortion – it might be safe for the Mommy, but certainly not for the baby. Both abortion and contraception go against Biblical and Catholic teaching so one cannot claim to be Catholic if they practice or enable these.
If you want to use the ‘just a clump of cells’ argument, then technically we are all ‘just a clump of cells’ – location makes no difference.
Even Ronald Reagan said:
And Pope Emeritus also said:
A lot of pro-choicers, ESPECIALLY pro-choice ‘Catholics’ argue that:
“Being “pro-choice” does not mean you love abortion – it means you recognize that a woman’s right to make her choice and those decisions regarding her body are her own.”
Yeah, that would be a logical argument except:
- The baby’s body is not your own body
- The baby deserves their right to choose; this choice is NOT your to make.
- The right to life is right of every human and child. Not a special privilege for the fortunate, the planned and the perfect.
- Being “pro-life” does not mean you hate women – it means you recognize that a woman’s decisions regarding her body do not include determining whether or not another human being should live.
What Then Is The Catholic Church’s Teaching on Abortion and Contraception?
1. Abortion is held by the Catholic Church to be a sin, because it defines embryos as human individuals.
2. Abortion is also held by the Catholic Church to be a CRIME. It incurs penalty of latae sententiae excommunication. CCC 2272
3. Abortion is a direct violation of the 5th Commandment: THOU SHALT NOT KILL. “The fifth commandment forbids direct and intentional killing as gravely sinful. The murderer and those who cooperate voluntarily in murder commit a sin that cries out to heaven for vengeance” – CCC 2268
4. CCC 2258 states: “Human life is sacred because from its beginning it involves the creative action of God and it remains for ever in a special relationship with the Creator, who is its sole end. God alone is the Lord of life from its beginning until its end: no one can under any circumstance claim for himself the right directly to destroy an innocent human being.
5. CCC 2261 states: Scripture specifies the prohibition contained in the fifth commandment: “Do not slay the innocent and the righteous.”61 The deliberate murder of an innocent person is gravely contrary to the dignity of the human being, to the golden rule, and to the holiness of the Creator. The law forbidding it is universally valid: it obliges each and everyone, always and everywhere.
6. CCC 2399: The regulation of births represents one of the aspects of responsible fatherhood and motherhood. Legitimate intentions on the part of the spouses do not justify recourse to morally unacceptable means (for example, direct sterilization or contraception)
Contraception and abortion, by-products of the feminist movement, IS A LIE.
It’s a lie that says that What I Want Now is more important than what I or any other person needs; that it trumps every other right or need. And that is frankly terrifying and demonic.
If your selfishness has reached such a peak that you’re willing to murder a child, what other unspeakable evils will you do to get What You Want Now?
SOME VALUABLE RESOURCES FOR YOU:
So, if you’re a so-called Pro-Choice ‘Catholic’, at what point then is abortion wrong?