The Church awakens the Sleeping Giant, the great St. Joseph!!
On the Feast of the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, His Holiness Pope Francis declared proclaimed the Year of St. Joseph from 8th December 2020 to 8th December 2021!!
A lot of people have nothing but criticism for Pope Francis, but this is of the best moves he has made, in my opinion, and it shows that he possesses good judgement and discernment to be attuned to what the Church is desperately in need of at this time.
In a new Apostolic Letter entitled Patris corde (“With a Father’s Heart”), Pope Francis describes Saint Joseph as a beloved father, a tender and loving father, an obedient father, an accepting father; a father who is creatively courageous, a working father, a father in the shadows.
The Letter marks the 150th anniversary of Blessed Pope Pius IX’s declaration of Saint Joseph as Patron of the Universal Church.
To celebrate the anniversary, Pope Francis has proclaimed a special “Year of Saint Joseph,” beginning on the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception 2020 and extending to the same feast in 2021.
St Joseph isn’t just the Spouse of our Lady, Protector of our Lord, but he is also a model of manhood, masculinity, and fatherhood – these three traits which are sorely missing today within society and also the Church.
The Church and society itself are riddled with emasculated men, effeminate men, absent or ineffectual fathers, broken families, unchaste people, abused or downtrodden women, and worse.
It is hardly any wonder that darkness, numerous scandals and demons run amock within not just Society, but also within the Church.
Vatican exorcists are increasingly busy in these times with cases of demonic infestation or diabolical influence.
The Church has been infiltrated with frauds and wolves in sheep clothing, corrupting and leading astray the faithful.
All these issues can be rectified through the intercession of St. Joseph.
In his role as Pillar of Families, he brings together happy and holy families.
In his role as Guardian of Virgins, he can restore and inspire us to chastity and sexual purity.
In his role as model of manhood, fatherhood, and masculinity, he can inspire real masculinity, dignity through work, manhood, and fatherhood among the slothful, lazy, uninspired man-baby men of today.
In his role as Light Among Patriarchs, he can illuminate the truth, and also expose lies and scandals within the dark recesses of the Church.
In his role as Terror of Demons, he can send packing the demons and diabolically-influenced people who seek to corrupt and destroy God’s Church.
In his role as Patron of the Universal Church, he protects the Church and her members worldwide.
St Joseph the Sleeping giant has been awakened. WATCH OUT!! And prepare for glorious victories!
PLENARY INDULGENCES THAT CAN BE OBTAINED DURING THE YEAR OF ST. JOSEPH
• To those who meditate of the Our Father prayer for at least 30 minutes or take part in a spiritual retreat of at least one day that includes a meditation on St.Joseph.
• To those who perform a corporal or spiritual work of mercy.
• To families or engaged couples who recite the rosary together.
• To those who entrust their daily work to St. Joseph and those who ask St. Joseph to intercede for the unemployed.
• To those who recite a prayer to St. Joseph (the litanies of St. Joseph in Latin rite, or Akathistos to St. Joseph in the Byzantine rite, or any other prayer to St. Joseph) for the relief of Christians persecuted both inside and outside of the Church.
• To faithful who recite “any legitimately approved prayer or act of piety in honor of St. Joseph,” with an encouragement to do so on the March 19 and May 1 feasts of St. Joseph, the Feast of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph, the Byzantine celebration of St. Joseph’s Sunday, and on the 19th of every month and on every Wednesday, which has been dedicated to St. Joseph in the Latin rite.
• To the elderly, sick, dying and those legitimately unable to leave the house, who recite an act of piety to St. Joseph under his title of Comfort of the Sick and Patron of a happy death, provided they offer their discomfort to God and fulfill the conditions for the indulgence “as soon as possible”.
At the conclusion of his Patris Corde Letter, Pope Francis adds another prayer to Saint Joseph, which he encourages all of us to pray together daily, if possible.
“Hail, Guardian of the Redeemer, Spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
To you God entrusted his only Son; in you, Mary placed her trust;
With you Christ became man.
Blessed Joseph, to us too, show yourself a father and guide us in the path of life.
Obtain for us grace, mercy, and courage, and defend us from every evil. Amen”
Ite ad Ioseph – Go to Joseph.
Seeking a faithful, loving spouse? Go to Joseph.
Seeking employment or job promotion? Go to Joseph.
Seeking accommodation or sale of your house? Go to Joseph.
Seeking to build a family? Go to Joseph.
Seeking parenting inspiration and support? Go to Joseph.
Seeking to heal or fortify your marriage? Go to Joseph.
Are you a man, a husband, a father, or simply male? Go to Joseph!
Seriously though, all Catholic men should have a devotion to St. Joseph.
As you can see, St. Joseph is truly a saint for our times.
In this year of St Joseph, pray the above prayer daily, when you can, and get your hands on one or more of the sacramentals and St Joseph items below to invite the presence and inspiration of St. Joseph into your life, your marriage and/or your home.
The year ahead has great things in store for us, as long as we simply go to Joseph.
St Joseph, Foster Father of the Eternal Judge who can refuse him no request, pray for us.
ad Jesum per Mariam