JUNE 1ST IS WORLD NARCISSISTIC ABUSE AWARENESS DAY
June 1st is World Narcissistic Abuse Awareness Day, so happy world narcissistic abuse awareness day to all survivors.
I started learning about narcissistic abuse and narcissistic personality disorder about 10 years ago and even back then, there wasn’t as much information, resources and services on identifying and surviving the abuse as there is today.
In just under a decade, we have had an explosion in mass public education about abuse, narcissism and narcissistic personality disorder – a modern term for an ancient evil that has been mentioned several times in the Bible.
Thanks to the work of neuroscientists and psychologists, we have
- made coercive control a crime; this occured in the UK in 2016 and many other countries have since adopted the same stance.
- made emotional and psychological abuse a crime; this started in the UK in 2021 and will no doubt spread to other countries.
- increased awareness of narcissists and pathological people in court,
- increased awareness of economic and financial abuse, with banks and financial organisations now providing help and support to people who have been subjected to economic/financial abuse and control in their marriages/relationships.
- made it criminal for children to not just be physically and emotionally abused in the home, but to even witness a disordered parent physically/emotionally abusing the other parent or a family member. This began in the UK in 2021.
- Moved into law, a national domestic abuse register which is similar to a national register for sex offenders, but for abusive people. This started in the UK in 2022.
- Witnessed more narcissistic abusive people being exposed, including the ones in the public eye, which has given validation to regular people who may be experiencing the same thing and helped them realise that they are not alone and they do not deserve to be abused.
Additionally, many traditional Catholic priests with advanced science and psychology degrees have also recognised the evil of narcissistic abuse and a lot of virtuous people who were seduced, ensnared or trapped into marriages with these abusive predators have been able to get their marriages annulled by the Church. A marriage to a narcissist is always a lie because it was not entered into with full knowledge and consent.
Furthermore, there has been an exposure of narcissists and sociopaths that lurk in our beloved Church, wolves in sheep clothing, who deliberately harm and hurt the flock, including our children.
While there is always room for improvement, we have come a long way and a huge amount of progress has been made in a short time.
The next steps globally include educating our children by bringing awareness of family/friend/partner abuse and control into the classroom and school curriculum.
In fact, the beginnings of these are already starting to form in classrooms here in the UK and also the US. It isn’t just for children with abusive parents, but for children who may unwittingly become friends with sociopathic kids.
Remember, the traits of narcissistic disorder and sociopathy begin to form in puberty. It is simply not normal for a child to bully, hurt or kill another child and yet we are seeing an increase in this.
Part of this is due to people having children with narcissistic or sociopathic people – yes, the disorder is heritable and a sociopath or narcissist can have children that are like them.
Another part of it is due to the influence of the narcissistic sociopathic parent on the child.
These people do not make good parents and it is no wonder that their children start being sociopath, dangerous and destructive from a young age.
We cannot stop foolish people who continue to choose to breed and have children with narcissists and sociopaths, but we can educate our children in learning to recognise problematic and pathological children in their group, and how to stay away from them and thus keep our children safe AND alive.
Another vital next step includes bringing awareness of abuse and control in the workplace, which I am sure will lead to pathological personalities being outed from prominent leadership and positions. These people do not destroy and ruin companies; they also destroy and ruin the lives of the employees, driving many to depression or even suicide.
The Bible tells us not to contain unfruitful works of darkness or mollycoddle them, but to expose them for the protection of the community.
The more we expose and remove these dangerous personalities from our society and the church, the better, happier, and more prosperous our families, churches, and communities will be.
To all survivors of narcissistic abuse from partners or family, we are so proud of you.
Celebrate the progress you have made so far and keep educating people.
>>>>>>> INFO AND RESOURCES ON ABUSE
Our Lady, Seat Of Wisdom, pray for us.
ad Jesum per Mariam